Nothing beats a classic pound cake! This simple, yet decadent dessert is perfect for any occasion. Whether you're hosting a dinner party, having a family gathering, or just craving something sweet, these pound cake recipes submitted by our teammates are sure to hit the spot.
Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 large box of instant chocolate pudding
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 bag chocolate chips
- Sift together cake mix and pudding mix
- Make a well in center of dry mixture and add all other ingredients except for the chocolate chips
- Beat well, stir in chocolate chips
- With a spatula pour batter in tube, or Bundt pan, and bake for 55 minutes at 350 degrees
- Cool on wire rack, then dump onto plate
Classic Pound Cake
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream the butter, shortening and sugar well. Add 1 egg at a time, beating after each addition. Add flour and milk slowly, mixing well. Add vanilla and baking powder.
- Grease tub or Bundt pan and flour it
- Bake cake for 1 hour; turn oven off, leave the cake in the oven for an additional 15 minutes
- The top of the cake should be light brown. Enjoy with fresh strawberries and whipped cream!
Moist and buttery with just the right amount of sweetness, it's perfect for any occasion. If you're feeling adventurous, you can also experiment with different flavors and add-ins, such as lemon zest, chocolate chips, or chopped nuts. So, what are you waiting for? Give these recipes a try and impress your friends and family with your baking skills. Happy baking!